Proposition 63, The Safety for All initiative, gives California voters the opportunity to keep guns and ammo out of the hands of violent, dangerous, hateful people this November. This proposition:
- Removes illegal guns from our communities by ensuring that dangerous criminals and domestic abusers sell or transfer their firearms after they’re convicted.
- Requires any business that sells ammunition to report if their ammunition is lost or stolen.
- Requires people to notify law enforcement if their guns are lost or stolen.
- Ensures people convicted of gun theft are ineligible to own guns.
- Strengthens our background check systems and ensures that CA law enforcement shares data about dangerous people with the FBI.
Learn more and get involved with the campaign here: www.safetyforall.com
Now this is how you design a freeway underpass - www.curbed.com/2016/8/11/12441...
A smart redesign of a California city’s busiest underpass reveals a well-lit path fringed with public art, landscaping, and a sweeping 26-foot-wide sidewalk.
We desperately need a FUF in Oakland. (Friends of the Urban Forest)
Great Post thank you, I recently saw this post because I'm venturing to start a Coffee pop up at very grass roots level. All these Ideas are great, but it boils down to. Going to the City of Oakland Health department and getting a Pop up Permitt. Would love more feed back Thanks
We’re excited to let you know that over the past couple of months, we've been working hard to solidify the form and mission of kitLAB - a new maker-type space, located at 5447 Telegraph Avenue in Oakland, near Temescal. kitLAB will be a hub for budding and experienced artists, engineers, educators, activists, creative changemakers, and local community members to make tools, kits and artworks to share and evolve together. Working in collaboration with the East Bay Community Space, kitLAB’s mission will be to resource and develop people’s innate abilities into skills for creating ever more complex, elegant and useful works to offer back to the community.
If you’d like to learn more about our mission and vision, and follow our progress in the coming months as we work toward our opening in late-fall, we encourage you to take a look at our evolving kitLAB website - www.kitlab.org/. We also invite you to follow us on our kitLAB Facebook page - www.facebook.com/thekitlab/?fr...!
"The East Bay hub is poised for an economic boom, but the city needs to overcome a deep-seated resistance to growth."
The East Bay hub is poised for an economic boom, but the city needs to overcome a deep-seated resistance to growth.