More info on the expansion of bike share in the bay area: ww2.kqed.org/news/2015/04/03/b...
Successful pilot program will grow tenfold and increase number of rental bicycles from 700 to 7,000.
Supervisor Scott Weiner on the proposed housing moratorium -
"Indeed, a moratorium is likely to have precisely the opposite effect by increasing the housing pressure cooker that’s triggering displacement and reducing the resources available to build affordable housing."
Recently, five of my colleagues on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors proposed a moratorium on privately produced ho…
The full NERT training consists of six class sessions that are approximately three hours each. NERT Training is free to anyone who lives or works in San Francisco. Note: It is important for new participants to attend all sessions to gain the full benefit of the training.
- Enrollment must begin by the 2nd class session to participate.
- A certificate may be issued to new graduates at Class 6.
- Make-up classes must be completed within 6 months of beginning NERT training.
- To make up a class do not select a ticket. Contact the NERT Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-970-2022; let us know the date, time, class number, and original class.
- If you are recertifying within 3 years of expiration, click here to enroll: bit.ly/1Pk7arv If you have been expired for more than three years, you must re-take the full course.
- IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY TAKEN AND GRADUATED FROM NERT TRAINING AND YOU ARE RE-TAKING THE FULL COURSE, PLEASE INDICATE THIS AT SIGN-IN ON THE FIRST NIGHT OF TRAINING.
Full NERT Training Course Outline:
Class Session #1 - Tue. June 9, 6:00-9:30PM
Earthquake Awareness, Preparedness, and Hazard Mitigation
Class Session #2 - Tue. June 16, 6:00-9:30PM
Types of Fire, Hazardous Materials/Terrorism Awareness, Utility Shut-off
Class Session #3 - Tue. June 23, 6:00-9:30PM
Class Session #4 - Tue. June 30, 6:00-9:30PM
Light Search and Rescue
Class Session # 5 - Tue. July 7, 6:00-9:30PM
Emergency Team Organization & Disaster Psychology
Class Session # 6 - Tue. July 14, 6:00-9:30PM
Hands-On Skills Application, Course Review, and Graduation